IMPORTANT:"Research shows that anger management can be significantly increased with only 4.5 hours of yoga training!"
The CALMING KIDS school program, “Yoga Keeps Me Calm, Fit and Focused” was first conducted as a four-year pilot project for 4th- and 5th-grade students at Heatherwood Elementary in Boulder, Colorado.
Every year, from 2004 through 2007, students were asked to fill out a questionnaire before and after undergoing the two-week program.
- 81% Improvement in anger management
- 80% Improvement in focusing on the teacher
- 76% Improvement in focusing on in-class assignments
- 87% Improvement in focusing on homework
- 40% Improvement in listening skills
- 58% Improvement in ease of falling asleep at night
- 93% Decrease in hitting others at school
- 38% Decrease in fidgeting
- 76% Decrease in hitting others after school
- 55% Decrease in being hit by others at school
- 44% Decrease in feeling bullied at school
- 68% decrease in feeling angry for no reason
- 81% decrease in feeling that others were angry at them
- 63% decrease in feeling distracted by other students
The results were analyzed by Dr. Grace Wyshak at Harvard Medical School of Public Health,
"Yoga is effective in treating symptoms of mental health disorders such as obsessive compulsive disorder." (Shannahoff-Khalsa and Becket 1996)
"Yoga is effective in the treatment of neurological disorders such as epilepsy." (Panjawi et at. 1997)
"Certain forms of yogic breathing may also improve spatial memory tasks." (Naveen et al. 1997)
"Yogic breathing has been shown to slow cardiovascular rhythms." (Bernardi et al. 2001)
- “Yoga has been shown to increase the motor performance of school children.” (Telles et al. 1993).
- “Yogic breathing has been shown to slow cardiovascular rhythms.” (Bernardi et al. 2001).
- “Certain forms of yogic breathing may also improve spatial memory tasks.” (Naveen et al. 1997).
- “Yoga ameliorates symptoms of asthma.” (Khanam et al. 1996)
View the full article HERE - Yoga Prevents Bullying in School by Dee Marie, M.A., S.Y.T. “Jivatam Jyotiretu Vidyam,” “True education (self-knowledge) enlightens human life,” according to Shrii Prabhat Rainjan Sarkar the founder of the international Neohumanist Education System and the Ananda Marga Schools. “If we wish to create lasting peace we must begin with the children” Mahatma Gandhi