Kids yoga teacher training for all teachers and instructors PLEASE use the free syllabus HERE guiding you through the proper method to present a 6 Day Yoga program to your Kindergarten or Elementary School classroom ensuring these proven outcomes:
- Kids Yoga Enhances Confidence
- Kids Yoga Improves Concentration and Focus
- Kids Yoga Helps Kids Manage Stress Through Breathing
- Kids Yoga Promotes Inclusivity
- Kids Yoga Introduces Kids to Mindfulness
- Kids Yoga Promotes a Healthy Body
- Kids Yoga Improves Coordination & Balance
Classroom Yoga ~ a solution to school violence and it works!
[callout style=”vistablue” font_size=”14px”]CALMING KIDS: Yoga and Mindfulness in the Classroom
2018-2019 Study Results
|Students reported:||2018 – 2019|
|Feeling good about themselves||48% increase|
|Standing up for themselves||48% increase|
|Focusing in school||30% increase|
|Feeling angry for no reason||55% decrease|
|Physical altercations in school||38% decrease|
|Trouble controlling anger||35% decrease|
In addition, three times the number of students reported that they could handle others making fun of them in school as compared to before learning the CALMING KIDS techniques (178% increase).
Statistics based on 100 students between the ages of 11 – 13 reporting their experience before and after 6 sessions of movement, mindfulness & meditation training and practice throughout the school year. CALMING KIDS (CK): Creating a Non-Violent World since 2004[/callout]
Day One – What is Yoga?
The Balance of Body and Mind
Day Two – How Do You Breathe?
Practices to Regulate the Breath
The students start to understand that the connection of the body to the mind is their breath.
Day Three – How Do You Feel?
Checking in: emotional awareness, communication and anti-bullying
Day Four – Community
Finding Our Heart
Day Five – Why Exercise?
The Benefits of Exercise
Day Six – Relationships
Anti-Bullying – Relationship Games – Bring It All Together
Starting with movement and mindfulness is a great way to start each day!!
Allowing 10-15 mins at the start of every day for centering will increase focus, social emotional balance, and positive communication skills.
The CALMING KIDS (CK) Six Day On-Line Kids Yoga Teacher Training Lesson Plans includes:
- Handouts illustrating all the concepts presented with coloring pages, activity ideas and songs.
- Scripts with non-violent communication models for the play acting scenarios.
- A discussion forum with thought provoking questions and insights shared by other teachers.
- An easy quiz at the end of each module of learning to review what you have learned.
- Open access to the online site for reference and to enhance your capacity to teach mindfulness and non-violent education to elementary age students.
[notify_box style=”blue”]CALMING KIDS offers two levels of certification. One is given upon the completion of the online course. Participants are issued a downloadable certificate to hang in the classroom, school or studio.
For teachers who would like to receive continuing education credit, CALMING KIDS offers a deeper level certification in order to become a nationally accredited CALMING KIDS Children’s Yoga Educator for Elementary Age students.
This is achieved by teaching a minimum of six hours of the CK program to children and keeping a detailed log. This log is submitted to CALMING KIDS for evaluation and certification. A small additional fee is applied. To enroll in the full course please CLICK HERE.